2016年9月21日星期三

How Can I Fix - Conditional formatting between two worksheets - possible??

Conditional formatting between two worksheets - possible?

I have this anoying alert msg "You cannot use references to other worksheets or workbooks for CF criteria"

Is there an easy way to apply conditional formatting in one worksheets based on cell values in other worksheet but in the same workbook?

Here is what I have.
I have main tab with some names  in column B and C and their job title in column D.
(Range B3:D29)
Now, I have a calendar for 2011 spread out for each name in a single row so I have 27 rows x 365 columns (Range E3:NE29)

Every cell is formated as a date (1-Jan etc.) cos I was thinking I would be able to make relationship with another tabs which I have in my workbook.
Those tabs contain detailed information about one cingle name from my main tab with listed names and they are
all linked.
So I have 27 tabs.
Each tab containes also a calendar but in a normal view, months separated, with 7 days in a row and dates in matching cells below.
That calendar contains Conditional formatting based on some cells I have on a left side of that
calendar.


Now, I wanted to have that formatting applied to my main tab with all names listed.
I tried to direct formula in conditional formatting window to those cells on which is based my CF so it would do the same thing in my main worksheet but I get this message that
it is not possible. 

Then because I didnt now how to solve this I copied those cells into my main tab with list of all names and I pointed my formula into that direction but in this case I would have so many formulas in CF and for every single name I have on the list and plus I
would have all those cells on my main tab, even though I can hide them but I would have 27 times 16 cells I have in every tab so I would have  extra 432 cells.
One of the options I was thinking is to have combo list with all 27 names and when name is changed
to populate those 16 cells with appropriate info and then I would have one CF formula.
But then how to link that formula to each name...
It is a bit complicated but I know I am not making space shuttle.
It could be solved but not by me I guess.
Below is sample
of main tab and tab with details.
Main tab

4
John
Doe
Logistics
1-Jan
2-Jan
3-Jan
4-Jan
5-Jan

etc
Tab with details

Cells that CF is based on


30-Mar-2011

31-Mar-2011

20-Apr-2011

21-Apr-2011

 
Cells with calendar

April

Mo
Tu
We
Th
Fr
Sa
Su

 
 
 
 
1-Apr
2-Apr
3-Apr

4-Apr
5-Apr
6-Apr
7-Apr
8-Apr
9-Apr
10-Apr

11-Apr
12-Apr
13-Apr
14-Apr
15-Apr
16-Apr
17-Apr

18-Apr
19-Apr
20-Apr
21-Apr
22-Apr
23-Apr
24-Apr

25-Apr
26-Apr
27-Apr
28-Apr
29-Apr
30-Apr

Anwsers to the Problem Conditional formatting between two worksheets - possible?

Download Error Fixer for Free Now

Hi,
you can use conditional formatting between 2 worksheets in the same workbook but you must give the cells a name that you reference in the conditional formatting.
Example:
Sheet1!A1: 100 (named sheet1Value )
Sheet2!A1 50 (with conditional formatting): CF formula is:  =sheet1Value > A1
Result: Cell A1 on Sheet2 will be formatted in the chosen format.
 
Regards,
Frank
If this post answers your question, please mark it for all readers as the Answer or vote if the reply has been helpful.

If you failed to fix it, another option is to call Microsoft and walk through the process with a technician. To do this, dial "1-800-936-5700". Explain the error that you received and the steps in the update process during which it was displayed. The technician will be able to walk through the steps from getting a new product key to finishing the installation.

Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: Conditional formatting between two worksheets - possible?:

How to Fix Conditional formatting between two worksheets - possible? with SmartPCFixer?

1. You can Download SmartPCFixer here. Install it on your computer. When you open it, it will perform a scan.

2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.

3. The Fixing part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.


Related: Best Way to Download Satellite L645-SP4004M WinDVD BD for Toshiba v.10.0.6.110 driver,Download Toshiba Satellite C655D-S5057 Wireless LAN Driver v.8.0.0.258.0,Method to Update & Download Toshiba Satellite L650-BT2N22 Web Camera Application v.2.0.3.37 driver,How Can You Update & Download Toshiba Satellite L775D-S7220GR Value Added Package v.1.6.0130.640204 driver,Download Toshiba Satellite Pro L750-SP5176FM Sleep Utility v.1.4.0025.000101 driver,Best Way to Download NVidia GeForce 6100 VGA Driver v.304.51 Certified,How Can You Update & Download NVidia GeForce 9300/nForce 730i VGA Driver v.310.19 Certified,Method to Download NVidia GeForce GT 330M Driver v.340.65,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce GTX 590 Driver v.280.26 WHQL,Method to Download NVidia Tesla C2050 Driver v.319.17,Way to Download RealTek RTL8100C(L) Driver v.5.01,Way to Download RealTek RTL8100E Drivers v.694,Way to Update & Download RealTek RTL8101L Auto Installation Program v.6.110 driver,Method to Update & Download RealTek RTL8111G PXE and RPL ROM code v.2.58 driver,How to Update & Download RealTek RTL8411B(N) Driver v.10.003,Best Way to Update & Download ASUS A53SV nVidia Graphics Driver v.8.17.12.6686,Method to Herunterladen ASUS K75VJ Intel Rapid Storage Technology Treiber v.11.6.0.1030,How Can You Update & Download ASUS CG8580 Intel Chipset Driver v.9.3.0.1019,Method to Update & Download ASUS K41VD Intel INF Update Driver v.9.1.1.1015,Way to Update & Download ASUS Pro70T NB Probe v.3.0.0026 driver
Read More: How to Fix - connecting iPad via AirDrop?,How to Fix Error - Connecting via Ethernet?,Troubleshoot:computer shut off when a program is opened or IE is opened,Computer running very slow after downloading Service Pack1,How to Fix - Computer powers off while in sleep mode.?,Can't change homegroup sharing permission,Can't connect XP shared printer to Win7 except as a local printer.__,Can You Connect the LAN Adapter for Wii On your Windows 7 Laptop?,Can These Files Be Deleted,Can’t install Microsoft Flight Simulator X Gold Edition error 1722

没有评论:

发表评论