Both Alt keys do not work on keyboard
This just happened 1 to 2 days ago.
I was switched through tabs using the alt+Tab shortcut just fine and when suddenly, the alt key just stopped working.
My Acer laptop overheats very easily and often power surges and shuts down.
Now this isn't the problem
as it happens from time to time.
If it were, my Alt would have stopped working a long time ago.
I have searched and searched to find solution to this problem and all of them just doesn't seem to work.
I have tried the sticky keys option, sticky keys were already turned off.
I have tried the regional language keyboard method, but the alt refused to function.
I have the on-screen keyboard and all other keys seemed to work just fine except the Alt key.
I have tried using Safe Mode to restore the system back to a point before the Alt key stopped working, and it did not help me solve my problem.
I do not know what I did to lock the Alt function because I all did was to use the alt key and the mouse to give
commands during a game like usual, and it was fine before this happened.
The only choice I have left to to reboot the laptop back to factory default, but I haven't tried it yet as I have no way of backing up my files in any means.
Will please someone be able to help me solve this problem?
Solutions to the Problem Both Alt keys do not work on keyboard
Manually editing the Windows registry
Manually editing the Windows registry to remove invalid MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION keys is not recommended unless you are PC service professional. Incorrectly editing your registry can stop your PC from functioning and create irreversible damage to your operating system. In fact, one misplaced comma can prevent your PC from booting entirely!
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
To manually repair your Windows registry, first you need to create a backup by exporting a portion of the registry related to MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION (eg. Windows Operating System):
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: Both Alt keys do not work on keyboard:
How to Fix Both Alt keys do not work on keyboard with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your system. Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The junk files will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.
3. When the Fixing part is finished, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been removed
Related: How to Download Toshiba Portege R500 HDD/SSD Alert Utility v.220.127.116.11 driver,Way to Update & Download Toshiba Satellite A355-S69403 Motorola Modem Region Select Utility v.18.104.22.168 driver,Where to Download Toshiba Satellite L305-S5926 HW Setup Utility v.2.00.11 driver,[Solved] Download Toshiba Satellite L675-S7115 Laptop Checkup v.22.214.171.124 driver,Method to Download Toshiba Satellite M645-S4080 Media Controller v.126.96.36.199 driver,Best Way to Download NVidia GeForce 6100 VGA Driver v.304.51 Certified,How Can You Update & Download NVidia GeForce 9300/nForce 730i VGA Driver v.310.19 Certified,Method to Download NVidia GeForce GT 330M Driver v.340.65,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce GTX 590 Driver v.280.26 WHQL,Method to Download NVidia Tesla C2050 Driver v.319.17
Read More: Tech Support: cafescribe gives error code 786,How Can You Fix - Bluetooth not working properly with Windows 8.1?,Fast Solution to Problem: Boot failure and Numerous error codes and crashes.,BSOD after sleep or hibernate? [Solved],Blurriness in laptop screen after sleep [Anwsered],All diagnostic tools give 0x800700C1, troubleshooting wizard can't continue,all files try to open with adobe,all icons on desktop have changed to Adobe icon and won't open,All functions of my outlook are working except it will not let me "REPLY" or start a "NEW" email,all f1-f12 shortcuts not work