brightness problem after windows 8.1 update
i have installed windows 8.1 update from the store and i see that the brightness wont work .
my laptop model is lenovo ideapad s 405 .
please help me solve the problem
Anwsers to the Problem brightness problem after windows 8.1 update
Hi Arun Kumar,
This issue could be due to an issue with the display adapter or with the display driver.
Since you have mentioned that the issue started after updating to Windows 8.1, the issue is most probably caused by an incompatible or corrupt display driver.
suggest you to try these steps and check:
Method 1: Hardware and devices troubleshooter
The hardware and devices troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix any incorrect settings that could cause issues with devices.
I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if there is any issue
with the display adapter.
Refer to these steps to run this troubleshooter:
Windows key +F to bring up the search
settings in the drop down menu below search and type
c) Click on
Troubleshooting and select the view all
option on the left pane.
d) Click on
Hardware and devices troubleshooter and follow the prompts.
If the issue still persists, then I would suggest you to try these steps and check:
If the issue still persists, download and install latest display driver by downloading computer manufacturer’s website.
Hope this information helps you.
Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.
Manually editing the Windows registry to fix Error brightness problem after windows 8.1 update
Caution: Unless you an advanced computer user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: brightness problem after windows 8.1 update:
How to Fix brightness problem after windows 8.1 update with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer. Run it, and it will scan your computer. The junk files will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.
3. The Fixing part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.
Related: How to Download Toshiba Portege R500 HDD/SSD Alert Utility v.188.8.131.52 driver,Way to Update & Download Toshiba Satellite A355-S69403 Motorola Modem Region Select Utility v.184.108.40.206 driver,Where to Download Toshiba Satellite L305-S5926 HW Setup Utility v.2.00.11 driver,[Solved] Download Toshiba Satellite L675-S7115 Laptop Checkup v.220.127.116.11 driver,Method to Download Toshiba Satellite M645-S4080 Media Controller v.18.104.22.168 driver,Best Way to Download NVidia GeForce 6100 VGA Driver v.304.51 Certified,How Can You Update & Download NVidia GeForce 9300/nForce 730i VGA Driver v.310.19 Certified,Method to Download NVidia GeForce GT 330M Driver v.340.65,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce GTX 590 Driver v.280.26 WHQL,Method to Download NVidia Tesla C2050 Driver v.319.17
Read More: How Can I Fix - Blurry images in word document?,How to Fix Problem - C and E drives are switched?,Fast Solution to Error: Blurry screen, large desktop icons, Colour all funny something to do with NVIDIA GeForce 8300?,How Can I Fix - Bluetooth software for windows 7 64-bit?,Tech Support: C: drive got turned into raw and now I can’t see file view etc options on my computer.,All diagnostic tools give 0x800700C1, troubleshooting wizard can't continue,all files try to open with adobe,all icons on desktop have changed to Adobe icon and won't open,All functions of my outlook are working except it will not let me "REPLY" or start a "NEW" email,all f1-f12 shortcuts not work