After image restore (from backup) I cannot run certain programs or access internet with ie or chrome
I had a hard drive failing (my c drive) so I created a system image, and a recovery disk.
I then replaced the hard drive, booted of the recovery disk and restored to the new hard drive.
Afterwards everything looks great, but I am having problems.
When I connect to a website I get certificate errors.
When I try and run some programs they just don't start.
My user is an Administrator on the PC however some control panel tasks wont start - e.g.
create a new user does nothing.
I've run sfc /scannow with no errors found:
Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.
Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.
Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.
Keys to the Problem After image restore (from backup) I cannot run certain programs or access internet with ie or chrome
Use the System File Checker tool to repair corrupted or missing system files:
- Click Start.
- Type cmd, and then press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to open the elevated command prompt (I.e. Command prompt with administrative rights).
- The User Account Control window should appear, be sure that the action it exhibits is correct, and then press the Continue button.
- Type or copy paste the below command line into it without quotes:
- "Sfc /scannow"
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: After image restore (from backup) I cannot run certain programs or access internet with ie or chrome:
How to Fix After image restore (from backup) I cannot run certain programs or access internet with ie or chrome with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer. Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The errors will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. When the Fixing part is finished, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been fixed
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,How to Fix Error - Getting an error "not connected to the internet" while trying to install Samsung Kies?
,How to Fix - Internet Explorer shuts down and reopens tab when attaching to email or uploading files.?
,Fast Solution to Problem: Sending Error Message
,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: [Anwsered] After downloading and installing Windows 7 Service Pack 1, I receive the following error: Code 8024402F Windows Update Encountered an unknown error.,Fast Solution to Error: ads to right of my e mail inbox,Solution to Problem: After formating the pc i am not able to open one of the word doc saved in d drive it says access denied.pls help.,Troubleshoot:Adobe Reader states \"Acro32 is incompatible\",How to Resolve - Adding two numbers AND THEN VLOOKUP?,a file called mDNSResponse.exe. is causing bonjour not to operate properly,what should I do?,A QUESTION USING THE "IF'S" Formula.,A continuos flashing window with which title is C:Windows\System32\cmd.exe, and has the following message: The syntax of the command is incorrect.,Acrobat compatibility issue and you tube problems____,ActiveX on IE 9 not loaded