|Recommended||Download 0x00040140 Error Fixer|
|Speed Up Your PC||Free Performance Scan|
0x00040140 Error Again? What Should I Do?
0x00040140, this error code popped up when I was tring to open a movie. Sometimes this error: fdco1(2).dll is missing comes together with that error message. Is there any connection between them? my computer has always been good. Can someone help me?
- Geri Caudell
"0x00040140" appears and crashes the active program window.
Windows seems retarded and slow to respond
How to Fix 0x00040140 Error?
Manually editing the Windows registry
Manually editing the Windows registry to fix error 0x00040140 is actually not recommended unless you are PC service professional. Incorrectly editing your registry can stop the PC from functioning and create irreversible damage to your own operating system. In fact, a particular misplaced comma could prevent your PC from booting entirely!
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, we Definitely not recommend editing (blank) Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can create serious troubles which may possibly require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can always be solved. Work with Registry Editor at your own risk.
To manually repair your Windows registry, first you need to create a backup by exporting a portion of the registry related to MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION (eg. Windows Operating System):
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Scan your computer for viruses.
Some viruses can cause error 0x00040140, especially ones that infect the master boot record (MBR) or boot sector.
Important: Make sure your virus scanning software is completely up to date and that it's configured to scan the MBR and boot sector.
How to Fix 0x00040140 Error with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download Error Fixer . Install it on your system. Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The errors will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. When the Fixing part is done, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been fixed
What People Say: (About 0x00040140)
Wow, das war einfacher als ich erwartet hatte!
by Karen Wheeler Oct.22nd
Related: How to Fix Error 0x000225?,Troubleshooter of Error: 0x3eb Netsetup.log,Error Message 0x643 Windows Updates Fix it,How to Fix Error 0xc00d36c4 Xbox?,Error Code Fehler 0x8004ff01 Fixer,[Answered] x64 saplugin dll,How to Fix Problem - Kb943729 Download?,Troubleshooting: Bccode D1 Error,Java Runtime Tech Support,Troubleshooting: ERROR NO SUCH GROUP Error
Read More: Tech Support: 0x0000007f 0x00000008 0xf773ffe0,[Answered] 0x0000009E,How to Fix - 0000142?,Fast Solution to Error: 0000000d1 0X00000030,How to Fix - 0x00000000 Referenced Memory At 0x00000000?,emails will not open or delete, say's loading but will not work,Emails getting sent to Delete or possibly going straight to delete folder,Embedded Excel Tables into Word, font spacing problems,Embedded Excel 2007 worksheet in Word 2007 - Errors when working with the worksheet,Embedded Word document displays multiple columns