All of my programs have been switched to open with paint
how do i fix this?
Solutions to the Problem All of my programs have been switched to open with paint
Did you make any changes to your computer lately?
What operating system is installed on your computer?
I'd suggest you follow these steps and check if the issue persists.
Click on "fixit" from the below link and check if that helps.
When you run an .exe file on a Windows Vista-based or Windows 7-based computer, the file may start a different program
Also, change the program to which Windows opens by default.
Change which programs
Windows uses by default
- Go to the Start button.
- In the Search box, type "cmd" (without quotes) and press Enter.
- At the command prompt, type "chkdsk /r /f" (without quotes) and press Enter.
- Restart your computer.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: All of my programs have been switched to open with paint:
How to Fix All of my programs have been switched to open with paint with SmartPCFixer?
1. You can Download SmartPCFixer here. Install it on your computer. When you open it, it will perform a scan.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.
3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, junk file cleaning and print spooler error repair.
Read More: How to Fix Problem - all my mail is being intercepted .my name is not even on the header like it use to be .and it says x message i know someone is doing this how do i get rid of them??,Tech Support: All my icons open with Notepad. How do I fix it?,How to Resolve - All my app were deleted and I can't seem to get them back.?,[Anwsered] all my programs start up during startup.,Fast Solution to Error: All my desktop and start icons changed to .lnk and are plain white after Windows update and reboot.,After installing several Windows Updates, I now have issues with msi installer, it just "hangs",After installing Microsoft Security Essentials my computer is unable to restart,All browsers and the softwares which run from internet is also not working,All e-mails showing as attachments rather then displaying in the preview pane at the bottom.,All desktop icons changed to windows live and does not open